Balthazar Bakery Croissant, Pure Butter

Flour, butter, sugar, eggs, cream, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt.

Kosher?

Is this from a local bakery or is this a manufactured packaged product sold in many stores?

Please provide picture.

As a general rule, relying on ingredients to determine kashrut status is for manufactured food that are packaged and sold in many stores. Buying from a local store where they make the product themselves and aren’t packaged for distribution is very different.

1 Like

It is from a bakery that has a retail shop, but they also serve New York as a wholesale distributor of their baked products.

Purchasing from the local bakery can be problematic just like purchasing pastries from a Starbucks may be problematic. I don’t know what else is served in this location and how they handle kosher and non-kosher foods… In Starbucks for example, they use the same utensils to prepare and serve all their food products which is problematic.

If you buy a prepackaged product with ingredients listed which would fall under the FDA laws then we can rely on the ingredients to purchase that package.

If it’s not prepackaged with ingredients listed then it may be problematic and I can’t answer being that I don’t know the facts of that specific store.

1 Like