Bang Energy Drink

Is this energy drink kosher, a number of different flavors but all seem to contain the sams ingredients, per the attached nutritional facts.

Kosher

Shalom Yisrael,
I’m wondering how you know this product is kosher?
It contains flavors, citric acid, several amino acids, Vitamin C etc all of which are kashrus-sensitive.

Thanks and good Shabbos!

All of which are NOT kashrut sensitive. These ingredients are always Kosher.

Please see my other response re flavors and citric.
Amino acids can be very non-kosher. From treif meat, blood etc. One production plant I visited makes Tyrosine from pig blood, as an interesting example. So of course they need a good hechsher.
Vitamin C is made by a 12 step fermentation process, followed by complex synthesis. (Technically speaking the fermentation is 3 steps of 4-stage fermentation). In fermentation processes, the microorganisms are fed the appropriate materials to produce the desired products. These can include peptone from meat (non-kosher of course), sometimes with milk (ie basar v’chalav), and other non-kosher materials. There are other issues as well such as the use of glycerin/glycerol, etc.
Of course, in any production plant, even products made from all kosher ingredients can be made non-kosher when processed on non-kosher equipment. That’s why when doing a production in such a plant, the hechsherim first kasher the equipment.
There’s a lot to learn about kashrus. If you want to answer questions about it, I’d sincerely suggest that you first study the field. Becoming a mashgiach is a great way to do that. In the past I offered an mashgiach training course of about 60 hours, but even that is a drop in the bucket. When my talmidim actually got to the field they realized how much more there was to learn. As the saying goes, the map is not the territory. Food processing technology keeps developing, and yesterday’s knowledge becomes obsolete. As an example, Malic acid used to be a “Group 1 ingredient” meaning that any source is okay. But recently they’ve begun to make Malic acid in a new way which does have kashrus concerns. In the old days butter had no concern, but the way they make it today is totally different. This goes for many items. Well this post is way too long, so signing off. Be well!

Hi,

Can you please shed some light on this. I have heard conflicting opinions on this. Why is it that some rabbis claim these are kashrut sensitive and some do not?

Seems like you’re a mashgiach for the kashrus industry. That does not make you a posek. Just because an ingredient’s original source was from a non kosher animal does not automatically mean it’s not kosher now. Take gelatin for example, comes for pig but it’s still kosher. Read up on this. A lot to learn.

Also take a look at the shulchan aruch where it dedicates many simanim to this topic.

In Halacha there are many details that have a huge impact on Kashrut. For example, bitul or pagum, or not raoy leachila…

This website follows the rulings of Rav Yitzchak Abadi and was created for those who want to follow. No one is forcing you to follow these rulings. But I will be clear that we have decades of Kashrut experience and visit many manufacturing plants and do extensive research.

A mashgiach doesn’t make the laws, they need to follow them. A posek decides the laws.

1 Like

Very interesting. Are Rabbi Abadi’s ruling regarding kashrut printed? I would like to study these issues.

Many of the rulings are printed in both volumes of Ohr Yitzchak.

Volume 1

Volume 2