Chap stick on chag/shabbat

Is there any way to use lip balm on yom tov and shabbat? I found with the 3 day yuntiff it was extremely painful to not use chap stick. My lips were very cracked and bleeding.

This should hopefully help.
Medicine is permissible on the second day of Yom tov (practically the only thing that differs between the 2 days), and so lip balm which is only assur due to medication will be permitted as well.

Thanks!

Can you smear it on normally on second day yom tov? Or do you need to use a shinui?

No shinui needed on second day

The issue of chap stick is only medicine?
Meaning on a shabbes may I rub it in if there was no issue of medicine?

Why isnt it prhohibted due to ממרח ?

See Ohr Yitzchak, siman 176.

Every time you use the chapstick the part in the tube is being smoothed out without being נבלע

My question is regarding the chap stick in the tube on that it is being ממרח even though the part in the lip is נבלע the תשובה from the Rav only speaks about the part on the lips

If you re-read the teshuva again, see the ending regarding Vaseline on the hands where the Rav specifically states it would be assur due to Refua and not memachek? Why not?

Memachek is only assur when you are intentionally smearing them with the intended purpose of making an even and smooth layer.
As in plastering a wall

Arbitrary smearing is therefore not an issue. (Case in point would be a bar of soap- which is permissible)
But in your example of chap stick it isn’t even a possibility. As the entire contents Is in the tube and in the exact form and rolling it up doesn’t do any thing to advance the concept of memariach.

The Rav teshuva is referring to a cream on a child as well as vaseline the Rav based his psak on the מגן אברהם that if it will be totally absorbed in the skin it is permitted .
how are you extrapolating to chap stick were the part in the tube is not becoming absorbed and will inevitably become smoothed out by smearing it on the affected area

Again, read the last line of the Teshuva above starting with “Amnam”. Clearly he said no memachek on hands. So too no memachek on lips.

Secondly as to you question re the chap stick in the tube, I answered you what the Rav has told me verbally to quote from above:

Memachek is only assur when you are intentionally smearing them with the intended purpose of making an even and smooth layer.
As in plastering a wall

Arbitrary smearing is therefore not an issue. (Case in point would be a bar of soap- which is permissible)
But in your example of chap stick it isn’t even a possibility. As the entire contents Is in the tube and in the exact form and rolling it up doesn’t do any thing to advance the concept of memariach.