Dixons Wicked Blueberry Gin

Is this kosher?

Description from website:

Inspired by old-time sloe gin — a reddish-purple liqueur made from sloe drupes (blackthorn berries) steeped in sugar and gin — Wicked Blueberry is blend of Dixon’s award-winning, handcrafted Canadian spirits, blueberry extract and botanicals with a hint of citrus.

OUR SPIRITS

To us, “hand-crafted” is more than a crafty marketing slogan.

It defines Dixon’s no-nonsense commitment to flavour and craftsmanship that’s winning over consumers as well as industry experts who know their spirits. In 2018 alone, Flaming Caesar Vodka, Wicked Citrus Gin and Wicked Licorice Gin were all winners at the World Drinks Awards.

It starts with spirits fermented from Ontario-grown corn, then distilled 18 times (compared to the industry average of three to five times). Carbon filtering for 30 hours removes the harsher tones but leaves a hint of the corn’s sweetness behind. And let’s not forget Guelph’s famously pure, clean water. The result: crystal-clear, smooth-as-silk spirits that we use to make all of our premium gin, vodka and whisky products.

thank you

It is difficult to ascertain the ingredients in this product, therefore it should be avoided.

1 Like

Thank you. So i called them up and asked them what was in it. They told me:

Corn based gin , juniper and coriander, blueberry flavor (from frusctose sugar based natural flavoring) , botanicals (orange peel, lemon peel, bitter-orange peel, grapefruit peel).

is this good, or is there any more information you need?

Thanks again so much

Thanks for following up. The ingredients list looks good, but again, since they are not regulated by the FDA, they can avoid telling you what other ingredients are in it.
If you can, ask them if their product is gluten free and whether there are any wheat or barley based ingredients in the product, that would help.

1 Like

I just called them back, and they confirmed that all their gins are gluten free, and no wheat or barley is used at any point.

would this be good for pesach?

Ok for Sephardim

1 Like