Donating a Sefer

Shalom,

I am not sure if this question went through 2 days ago so I am sending a new email.

1)I donated a ספר to a kollel and they are going to put a sticker in the front cover. I donated it לעילוי נשמת my father and grandparents. Does it matter who’s name I put on top? Or the order at all? Does it make a difference if my father was a Rabbi and my grandparents were not religious? Meaning should my fathers name go first because of כיבוד אב ואם or doesn’t matter.

1. Is there a מצוה of כיבוד אב ואם for ones grandparents? (Obviously one should respect their grandparents regardless…)

Thank you and again my apologies if you received the first email but I never saw a response so I assumed I never pushed send.

There is definitely a מצוה of כיבוד אב ואם for one’s grandparents.

There are many halachot that apply specifically in a case when someone not religious passes away which makes this question a little tricky.

For example, when someone that was not Shomer Shabbat passes away the laws of Shiva (sitting 7 days of mourning) do not apply. While many people don’t know this Halacha, it is written clearly in the Shulchan Aruch.

So the question we are contemplating is whether one should even dedicate a Sefer in remembrance of someone who was not Shomer Shabbat.

I understand that some people may be offended or hurt by this post and I apologize in advance. This is not meant to offend anyone or hurt anyone. This is all discussed in Halacha and I’m sharing what our Rabbis for thousands of years have been teaching us.

I’ll try to elaborate in the near future.