Dual-drawer air fryer

Hi, the Ninja dual-drawer air fryer (Ninja® Foodi® 6-in-1 10-qt. XL 2-Basket Air Fryer with DualZone™ Technology-Ninja) has two separate zones that are self-contained with separate heating elements and fans.

May I designate one for meat and one for dairy and use them both at the same time?

Thank you.

No you may not.

In that case, if one zone is designated for dairy and another for meat, can they be used at different times?

May I respectfully ask why since the sides of the 2 drawers will never touch and are separated by another wall. Also, the manufacturer stated that there is no cross-contamination between the 2 drawers.

1 Like

Based on the research that we did, it seems that they aren’t 2 separate compartments but rather one compartment that can be separated by a divider. Maybe we are discussing a different product. Can you share a link to the one that you are referring to?

I’ve managed to take some photos of the actual product here:

Wouldn’t the same law apply here as cooking meat and dairy in the same oven simultaneously?

Hi,

This is the link to the product: https://m.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive-offer/DZ401WBKT/ninja-foodi-XL-2-basket-air-fryer-with-dualzone-technology/

I have personally seen it, and the wall/divider is most definitely permanent and not removable.

The FAQ page also states that there is no risk of cross-contamination between both zones.

Thank you so much for your time.

Based on what your posting and the description, it seems like two completely separate compartments and therefore would be allowed. In general the issue would be zeia or steam given off by a food and touching another food. Two completely dry foods, one meat, one dairy would not be an issue as they’re is no transference of flavor without a liquid medium. But if one of the foods has liquid or steam emanating from it and crossing over to the other side,then we have an issue. If the two compartments are completely closed off from.one another and steam cannot get through, then your good to go. I would test this just to make sure as we don’t have that product to check it out.