Kashering a dishwasher for Pesach

Can my dishwasher be kashered for Pesach? I do hold that dishwashers can be kashered from non-kosher to kosher use, so does the same apply to kashering for Pesach?

Yes the same that applies to koshering from non kosher would apply to Passover. Having said that if you run the dishwasher once with soap that is more than adequate to kasher it.

Also, can I was baby bottles (pumped milk) and pump parts that go through my dishwasher when it isn’t pesach in with the pesach dishes in the kashered dishwasher on pesach?

Fabulous. Thank you. Does the dishwasher need to sit clean/empty for 24 hours first?

Nope

Great! And what about the baby bottles and pump parts that have gone through the dishwasher while it’s chametz-dik?

No problem. Anything cleaned in a so-called chametz-dik dishwasher or sink is not a problem.

I ran my dishwasher with Passover China dishes just to wash the dust from last year, and found all year round used flatware that was in the dishwasher at the same time.
What do I do?
Are the dishes still ok to use for Passover?
And do I have to run the dishwasher prior to using for Passover?
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

It’s fine. Nothing more to do. You technically do not have to kasher the dishwasher for Pesach.

can i use my dishwasher to kasher my pots, plates, and silverwear?

No you many not

To confirm: must boil silverware and pots.

correct silverware and pots need hagalah.

see below.

I heard stones are needed in dishwasher to Kosher for Passover? Is that true?

nope