Baby wipes on shabbos

can baby wipes be used on shabbos?

Yes

1 Like

Is it ok to use wipes on hard surfaces (i.e. clorox wipes on a toilet)?

1 Like

No problem

1 Like

Why? Does the Rav require that the user use them softly?

There is enough moisture on the surface of the wipe and therefore no need to squeeze. So any squeezing that is done would not be an issue.

Is this a large debate where the liquid actually is? And even if that is indeed the case, please explain this statement. Are you saying that because is it ืœื ื ื™ื—ื ืœื™ื” and not a ืคืกื™ืง ืจื™ืฉื™ื” it is ok?

The Rabbis opinion isnโ€™t based on the debate regarding how the droplets are stored. More that you donโ€™t intend to squeeze out liquid.

Please explain why it is not a violation of ืกื—ื™ื˜ื” being that you want the liquid absorbed in the wipe to come out to enhance the cleaning .

In addition if one is using it to wipe off makeup on face which vigorously rubbing is necessary
the water definitely will be squeezed out ืคืกื™ืง ืจื™ืฉื™ื” ื“ื ื™ื—ื ืœื™ื”

See Ohr Yitzchak, Siman 171

Thank you! I was wondering though - the gemara and many achronim (in contrast to SA - as listed in the sefer ืื•ืฆืจ ื”ืœื›ื•ืช) say that the reason you canโ€™t use a sponge is because of ืคืกื™ืง ืจื™ืฉื™ื” (unless it has a leather handle) of ืกื—ื™ื˜ื”. (ืฉ"ืข seems to say in contrast ืกืคื•ื’ ืื™ืŸ ืžืงื ื—ื™ืŸ ื‘ื• ืืœื ืื ื›ืŸ ื™ืฉ ื‘ื• ื‘ื™ืช ืื—ื™ื–ื” ื’ื–ื™ืจื” ืฉืžื ื™ืกื—ื•ื˜). My question is: According to the Rov, there is no ืคืกื™ืง ืจื™ืฉื™ื” - even if it comes out there should be no concern!