If a chazzan develops a very dry throat on Yom Kippur, such as from a cold (or some other reason), to the point where he may have difficulty continuing, is there anything he can do to relieve the dryness, such as
- Gargling water [but not swallowing]?
- Spraying nasal decongestant medicine directly on vocal cords? (it relieves swelling)
- Unflavored Pills with no water?
- Unflavored Pills with few drops of water, or water made bitter? ( https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3606900,00.html )
- Inhale steam (of course without starting fire or hot water on yom tov)
- Suck on small lozenge (less than shiur, but would have to be flavored, as I’ve never seen unflavored ones).
- Put a non-food item in mouth to generate saliva, such as a plastic dental guard.
- If all else fails, ingesting “bitter” water less than shiur?
Any other suggestions? Thank you very much. Gmar Chatima Tova,