Is Bird's Nest kosher?

Is the ingredient “edible bird’s nest” kosher? It comes from the hardened saliva of swallow(swiftlet) birds, and is consumed in Asia for its medicinal properties.

I would be happy provide more information if needed.

Please provide more info. Thx.

Bird’s Nest is the nest of a swiftlet bird that is made from the swiftlet’s hardened saliva. They are mostly built during the breeding season by the male swiftlet over a period of 35 days. They take the shape of a shallow cup stuck to the cave wall. The nests are composed of interwoven strands of salivary cement.

They are prized and used for their medicinal properties as they contain high levels of calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. In many Asian countries, it is consumed by pregnant women and elderly people to nourish the lungs and maintain health.

The only information relating this ingredient to kashrut laws was in this article http://www.kosherveyosher.com/identity-change-2008.html where they state that "Although the Swiftlet is not a Kosher bird, the soup made from its nest (its saliva) is kosher since the nest is Pirsha BeAlma, i.e. not food].

Considering that this ingredient is considered to be repulsive to the average American, I was wondering if halacha might permit it on the basis of Pirsha B’alma and/or that it is considered under vitamins and supplements. Might it be similar to honey?

Since it’s eaten and cooked into a soup or similar it is not Kosher.