Kirkland Low Moisture Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese K for P?

Hi Rabbi,

Is Kirkland Low Moisture Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with just Torah K D symbol Kosher for Passover?

Ingredients are: Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Rice Flour and Powdered Cellulose to Prevent Caking, Natural Mycin (A Natural Mold Inhibitor)

Thank you!

Not sure

Ok, but is the symbol a reliable kosher hashgacha for all year round?

Oh gosh. We don’t like getting into the approval or disapproval of kashrut organizations. I don’t know them well. I heard very nice things about them. I don’t really know their Halachic positions or opinions.

1 Like

Hi. I just called customer service to ask them what the cellulose is made from because I think that’s the only iffy ingredient bc some anticaking agents are made from flour. (Correct me if im wrong).The customer service rep couldn’t tell me what it was made from, but could tell me that all the kirkland cheeses are 100% gluten free. Is that enough to say it’s OK for pesach or it still a worry that it’s made from other grain sources. .he said he’d get back to me with that answer.

The cellulose is ok

So does this mean it is K for P?

No Pesach issue. As I said above, we don’t address the cheese issue, as we are not familiar with the kosher certification’s policies.
That being said, if you eat this all year, then it’s the same for Pesach.