Kitniot list

Could you share a complete list of what Rav Abadi considers kitniot for ashkenazim ?
Many thanks

We usually keep out of trying to shape the Ashkenazi Minhag of Kitniyot. However, I can share some insight from my Father.
The Minhag was created in a time when it was an important necessary precaution. That was over 500 years ago. Ashkenazim still keep that Minhag today even though it’s much less relevant if at all.
We respect other people’s minhagim and if you want to be stricter on kitniyot, please feel free to do so.
On the other hand, if you want to take it down a few notches here are some pointers.

Corn, was discovered in America and brought to Europe and Asia in the 1600’s. It was not part of the original Minhag and you can eat corn if you want to.
Peanuts, sesame seeds, green beans, and sunflower seeds are not really a part of the original Minhag. You decide if you want to include them or not.

The main items are rice, millet, beans, and mustard seeds.

You’ll notice that even most Ashkenazim eat quinoa on Pesach. There’s no question that quinoa has more resemblance to wheat and barley than peanuts. Yet, it was certainly not part of the Minhag, so they do eat that on Pesach.
It’s only a Minhag, use your judgment.

2 Likes

Then you have items like corn syrup or soybean oil. Even if the item itself would be considered kitniyot, it’s difficult to say that the same would apply to its liquid products.

2 Likes

And always remember that kitniyot are batel berov. That means if mixed in to another ingredient it’s batel if less that 50%

2 Likes

I see a lot of candy/products you say is fine for all on Pesach where corn syrup is listed as the second ingredient and the ones where corn syrup is first ingredient you say for sefardim only.
Can one assume if it’s second ingredient it’s batel?

Yes unless there are solids it will be Batel