Mixing and mashing on Shabbos

1. Is mashing avocado and the like on Shabbos okay the regular way we mash during the week using a fork ?
  2. Is making egg salad , tuna salad the standard weekday way (adding mayo , oil etc ) and mixing standard way permissible on Shabbos ?
    Thank you !

Both are permissible.

1. what about ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ
  2. what about ืœืฉ

See Ohr Yitzchak vol 1, siman 175.

That is regarding eggs which are not gidulai karkah but avacodo should be different?

Is one ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ by avocado or mashing?

The teshuva clearly says ืื™ืŸ ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ ืืœื ื‘ื’ื™ื“ื•ืœ ืงืจืงืข
So avocado grows from the ground .
As far as losh isnโ€™t avocado thicker then the case in the teshuva of ketchup and mayonnaise

Have you ever tried braiding mashed avocado into a challah?

Why is there no ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ by mashing avocado?

Mashing is not ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ. So unless itโ€™s not ripe and you make it into little crumbs there would be no problem with mashing avocado.

So why is ืกื™ืžืŸ ืฉืž ืกืขื™ืฃ ื™ื‘ ืืกื•ืจ ื“ืืจื™ื™ืชื
ื”ื ื•ืชืŸ ื–ืจืข ืคืฉืชืŸ ืื• ืฉื•ืžืฉืžื™ืŸ ื‘ืžื™ื ื—ื™ื™ื‘ ืžืฉื•ื ืœืฉ
Have you ever tried braiding sesame seeds into a challah ?

Iโ€™ll ask you back, why does the Mechaber say itโ€™s ืœืฉ? Please explain this halacha to me.

Back to avacodo. Would chopping with a knife be ok ? Or that might be more like ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ if it was into small pieces?

You wouldnโ€™t be able to cut a ripe avocado into tiny pieces. But assuming you would be able to cut an avocado into tiny pieces then it may be a problem of ื˜ื•ื—ืŸ.

Regarding cutting avocado into small pieces .
Why are you saying it is tochin what about the ืจืž"ื in. ืฉื›ื ืกืขื™ืฃ ื™ื‘ ( if it is not there please ask them to kindly put it back) which holds ืื ืœืื›ืœื• ืžื™ื“ ืžื•ืชืจ
And if you hold like the chumrah of the beis yosef why dont you say lechumrah instead of saying ืืกื•ืจ ?

I clearly wrote โ€œmay be a problem of ื˜ื•ื—ืŸโ€.

I have to ask, what is your objective here. You have become very active on these forums and we appreciate the perspectives and questions. But are you here to learn and understand? Are you here to push your opinion? Are you here to show that others disagree with the Ravโ€™s rulings?

The purpose of this website is to help those that have questions and want to learn and do the right thing according to the rulings of Rav Yitzchak Abadi. We arenโ€™t here to push any agenda on anyone else nor are we here to convince others to follow Rav Yitzchak Abadi.

Can you please clarify your intentions?

1 Like

Thank you so much for this incredible halachic site
My only intention here is to understand
I am not sure what prompted you to feel otherwise I apologize for giving an impression otherwise it is wonderful to have such halachic rulings but I do want to make sure I fully understand the halacha lemaser
I have the Ravs sefarim and I read them constantly I enjoy them immensely please continue to explain these poskim as I fully would like to understand them

2 Likes