Post workout wipes on Shabbat and/or Yom Tov

Hi,

My boys often play sports with friends on long Shabbatot and Chagim in between going to shul for Shacharit and Mincha. Needless to say, they work up a sweat and a not so pleasant odor. Are they allowed to wipe themselves down using post-workout pre moistened wipes such as those pictured here?

Wow. Never heard of this product. They think of everything.

Here’s a few questions.
How moist are these towelettes?
Similar to baby wipes or more?
How old are these children-above or below bar mitzvah?

Yes, they’ve thought of everything! The wipes are similar to baby wipes in that they are moistened but not drenched in the cleansing liquid. If you squeeze the wipe very hard you may be able to extract a drop or two of liquid but with normal use there is no leakage from the wipe. When the boys have used the wipes during chol (anything to avoid showering) there is usually some dirt that is seen on the wipe as well. Two of the boys in question are over bar mitzvah and two are under.

Apologies for the late reply.
These items are fine for all the boys.

As to the over bar mitzvah boys- I obviously don’t know their academic level or their degree of observance, but i would be remiss if I didn’t mention that on those previously stated long shabbatot there is much spiritual nourishment that can be enjoyed while curtailing some of their ball playing.

1 Like

Thank you! And I agree with you wholeheartedly :blush: