Publix Frozen Panko Crusted Onion Rings

Shalom,

Are these Panko Crusted Onion Rings kosher?

(Publix frozen potato products have a OU, except these Southern Style Hash Browns which have a Triangle K.)

Thank you.

Send pic or ingredients list

Ok so please tell us all the ingredients in this product

ONIONS, BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN AND/OR CANOLA OIL), WATER, WHEAT FLOUR, CORNSTARCH, SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: DEXTROSE, DRIED GARLIC, DRIED ONION, LEAVENING (SODIUM BICARBONATE, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SPICES, WHEY, YEAST, YEAST EXTRACT, YELLOW CORN FLOUR)

Thank you.

Now I am confused. I do recall that once there was an issue with National Hebrew hot dogs, and a rabbi in Chicago declared them not to be kosher. But that was the result of a misunderstanding of a statement made by the rabbi in charge and overseeing kosher observance under Triangle K. And it only effected the meat, but not the other items.
Then the misunderstanding was solved that the hot dogs are indeed kosher, but not glatt kosher. Hence many synagogues allow them in their pre-schools again.
Going shopping in this country is challenging enough, when you try to find items that are kosher. Has it come to a point, where only O-U is considered to be kosher, or is Triangle K or Circle K and other hechsers good enough?

Kosher

Nothing changed. I wanted to know the ingredients of the product to maybe understand why only Triangle K certified it.

Here are the ingredients in the Southern-Style Home Fries that are certified by Triangle-K.

Thank you.

1 Like

Kosher

Michael1, It looks like your recent post is on the wrong product thread. You began commenting on “Impossible Pork” but this is “Publix panko onion rings.”

Is it pareve or dairy?

Pareve

Just to clarify, I was asking about the onion rings posted above. Does that change anything?

The onion rings you posted are kosher.