Rav Abadi talit katan shiur

what is the position of Rav Abadi concerning the shiur of the talit katan ?
1 - does he hold the amah like 'hazon ish (24 inches) ?
2 - does he exclude the hole from the shiur (so the amah starts from the bottom of the hole) ?
3 - is he makpid to wear wool ?

1. Yes
  2. Excludes the hole.
  3. No.

@Mbitton years ago you brought the Rav wool tzitit that were not heavy and ever since I believe the Rav has been wearing wool.

Though the Rav does hold that cotton is perfectly ok.

many thanks for your replies

you said he excludes the hole i have questions depending of the kind of talit he’s wearing

1 - is he wearing a talit with the hole for the head like the shape of a T (hole + a slice) ? if yes do he measures the shiur from the top of the slice (and so a size 7 is ok) or the bottom of the slice (and so it is an extra long talit difficult to put under a shirt) ?

2 - is he wearing a talit with a simple round hole ? if yes, from what I see in stores you need a big size because the hole is big, and it is difficult to wear under a shirt

for myself I have someone who is doing custom wool talit katan so the round hole is not big and the shiur hazon ish is ok from the bottom of the hole and the size is reasonable

1. The rav does not have a preference, but for a T opening you would measure from the top of the slice.
  2. Again, no preference, just needs to measure an amah (according to the Chazon Ish) on each side of the hole