Riding bicycle on shabbat

Hi Rav, I was wondering if riding a bicycle on Shabbat in a place without an eruv was a problem.
Thanks!

Not allowed even within an eruv.

1 Like

My response respecting the opinion of the rabbi-
There are different opinions on the issue of riding a bike on Shabbat. I think when responding, it should be said that the Rabbi may be against it, however there are Rabbis who hold differently and are also valid. Otherwise, people may think that it’s the only opinion out there and it’s clear cut.

I respectfully disagree.

This website is for people seeking the Halachic rulings and guidance of Rav Yitzchak Abadi. This forum is not merely a place to discuss Halachic opinions of different Rabbis.

Additionally, one is required to choose a Rabbi to follow for everything. Jumping from Rabbi to Rabbi or forum to forum until hearing an opinion one wants to hear is actually against the Halachah.

I personally do not know of any Rabbis that approve driving a bike on Shabbat. I also dont think its relevant here even if there were Rabbis that approved it. Rav Yitzchak Abadi does not permit driving a bike on Shabbat.

I’ll also add, there a different opinions of every Halachah. That is why we must choose one Rav and follow his rulings whether we like them or not.

1 Like