Sticking A Garden Hose Through Window On Shabbat

Shalom Rav, I wanted to know what the Halachah is regarding putting a garden hose, that is connected to the inside of the house, through a window to the outside, in a place without an eruv. And if that is permitted, can one turn on the water as well? ( in a place where it would not go on the ground, in a way that would promote growth. And what about passing the hose through the window to a non-jew? Thanks for taking the time to answer, Wishing you a healthy year.

I’m not sure what you’re saying. If you want to take a hose from inside/outside a house into/out of a house through a door or window and there is no eruv, it would not be permitted.
The non-Jew can grab the hose from inside the house, but you can’t hand it to him.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to ask, that the hose is still connected inside, and only part of it is being passed through the window, so your not actually moving the hose from one location to the other, only part of it. Thanks!

If you set up the hose before shabbat that is fine, on shabbat it would not be allowed. Additionally, even if you did set it up before, when turning on the water, you are transferring from a private domain to a public domain and that is prohibited.

So, just to clarify, Basically one cannot stick something out the window even while still holding onto part of it.

correct unless it stays above 40 inches {10 tephachim) from the ground and nothing can come out of it that will fall to lower than 40" froom the ground