Storage containers

Do I need separate storage containers for milk and meat? They are made or plastic. I do not reheat in them.

You should have separate ones for milk and meat.

Why?
They are never hot and always cleaned after use.
I thought they were considered as glass.
See Laws of Koshering: “Glass, plastic, glazed china, glazed dishes, Corelle, Pyrex, Corningware, or glazed earthenware do not need any Koshering, since they do not retain any flavor.”
Also : Plastic utensils
Here raCHDal advises I can use them on Pesach Plastic Click Clacks
Here AA advised even if used for hot still OK for Pesach: Tupperware, Plastic reusable cups, ceramic mugs

Here’s the difference. With regard to koshering, we treat plastic as glass, and as long as it’s clean it’s ok.

Regarding every day use, one is supposed to have separate utensils for milk and meat.

1 Like

Why do you need seperate glass utensils, but you don’t need seperate microwaves, ovens, or sinks? I thought the issue with using the same utensil for meat and dairy is that you might lose track and use it for the wrong thing (eg dairy) when it’s still ben yomo the other thing (meat). With glass, that’s not a concern. Now if you’ll tell me that it’s lo plug, glass too, so why not the microwave?

Because those items are not meant to store foods. Microwaves and ovens are meant to heat food and sinks are meant to wash dishes.

1 Like