White claw hard seltzer

Ingredients: Purified Carbonated Water, Alcohol from Cold‑Brewed Sugar, Natural Flavors, Natural Cane Sugar, Citric Acid, Natural Key Lime Juice, Sodium Citrate.

Kosher?

Kosher

1 Like

pesach ?

Kosher for Pesach

The ingredients in White Claw state “malt liquor.” Wouldn’t this make it chametz?

Please provide picture of ingredients. I don’t see malt liquor listed in the ingredients above.

I just read that white claw ferments cane sugar but can use a “malted grain” most likely corn. Can we trust that the malted grain is corn and not likely a minute amount of actual chametz?

The gluten free fermentation appears to be corn but I just learned the FDA says that even wheat, if below a certain amount, can be considered gluten free.

2023 Pesach update:

Same ingredients.

In the past i was able to verify the source of alcohol from cane sugar. I’m having a hard time verifying now. If this can be confirmed, the other ingredients are ok for Passover.

From one of the other posts of white claw I did research and it appears the grain is corn. I didn’t email or call. Let me see if I can find on their website again.

Corn would be fine too. The allergy information isn’t enough in this case. They can remove the allergens during the distillation process.

Any update on k4p status for 2023?

We still don’t know alcohol source.